About Our School
Thunder Vista Core Purpose and Values
We empower future ready and compassionate learners who live with intention.
Motivate and Inspire:
- We collaborate to foster continuous improvement
- We spark fire for innovation and learning that lasts a lifetime
- We encourage each other
Nurture a Growth Mindset:
- We believe in ourselves and others
- We create a safe environment to take risks, learn from our mistakes and persevere
- We believe our effort and attitude determine everything
Everyone has Value:
- We recognize value and celebrate others' perspectives
- We honor and enrich each others' stories
- We value collaborative relationships
We are a Learning Community:
- We foster service minded citizens
- We demonstrate a shared responsibility to each other
- We connect with our community
Thunder Vista P-8 was built on a 13-acre site in Anthem Highlands, a planned community of about 2,600 residential units, located near state Highway 7 and Interstate 25, in the city and county of Broomfield. The school is expected to serve between 900 – 1,000 preschool through eighth-grade students and opened in Fall 2018.
The construction of the new school is possible thanks to voter support of a $350 million school construction bond in November 2016.
Please see suggested walking map below. While construction in the neighborhood around Thunder Vista is still underway, we suggest taking alternative walking paths for the safest route to school.