Welcome to the Thunder Vista Counseling Department
Counseling supports the development of the whole child by advocating for academic, social/emotional, career and postsecondary needs and strives to develop life-long learners and productive citizens.
The counseling program in Adams 12 Five Star Schools works collaboratively with parents, community members and educators to empower every child, regardless of individual differences or obstacles, to ensure all students are prepared for meaningful, productive learning through a data-driven comprehensive K-12 school counseling program.
- Ashley Bohman - Middle School Students with last names A-L
- Jantrey Meyer - Middle School Students with last names M-Z
During this period of remote learning, our Mental Wellness team is available to partner with you in order to best support your child. Please contact us with concerns. If you are unable to contact a member of our team and you have concerns about student safety, please use the resources below to access immediate health support for your child. If it is an immediate concern, please contact 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255; www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center: www.sprc.org
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: www.afsp.org
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ+ youth): 1-866-488-7386; www.trevorproject.org
- Crisis Text Line: 741-741; www.crisistextline.org
- If your student is concerned about a peer please encourage them to use the Safe2Tell Button and communicate with your child's counselor.
To have help finding resources to begin family conversations regarding race and racism, please follow these links:
Children's book list - 31 book suggestions to support conversations regarding race, racism and resistance.
To have help finding a bit of calm during this time, please visit the link below to access a google slide show with resources and activities to manage stress:
Stress Less - a slide deck students and families can click through to find techniques and strategies to alleviate stress/anxiety/worry
Mrs. W's Brain Smart Starts - a link to all of the Brain Smart Start videos Mrs. W has shared during our remote learning
Conscious Discipline - a website with webinars and parenting resources that focus on connection and problem-solving
Cultures of Dignity - focusing on young people's physical and emotional wellbeing, this site includes links to the organization's helpful tiny guides
Unlocking Us - A podcast series led by Brene Brown designed to help others live, love, parent and lead with courage and heart
Staying Emotionally Close In The Time of Covid 19 - led by adolescent psychologist and neuroscientist, Dr. Bruce Perry
Navigating Stress and Anxiety during Covid 19 - Weekly topics with family activities to work through together